Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Coated bullets

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:39:22 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:23:55 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

I'm 300 feet from the AICW to the North and 1/2 mile from the Atlantic
Ocean to the South...... *nothing* stays really *dry* here.

I was in DC and lead bullets would "chalk" up on me. If I wasn't going
to shoot them right away I only bought jacked or copper clad ammo.

I believe you, why would you lie, but the only chalked lead I have
seen came with a century old leather shot pouch. You should store the
stuff in, of all things, an ammo can. GI fifty cal cans are used to
store the other smaller types as well. The lid clamps down on a rubber
gasket. Get some silica gel packets to put in with the ammo. Are you
sure if it really matters if you shoot the corroded stuff? Badly
corroded cases could be weakened but bullets? For what its worth
either fine steel wool, or a Scotchbrite pad should easily remove that
lead carbonate.

Casady

Casady