Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Why didn't the Palin family...

wrote in message
news
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:41:18 -0500, Eisboch wrote:

That's why, as goofy as she sounded, Palin attracted so much interest.
She's real. She's not a polished bureaucrat. She's just a simple
person with a common sense perspective on the world. You can agree with
her or disagree, but at least you know what she thinks and it isn't
going to change with the wind. The spin misters ate her alive.

Yeah, but give her time. Not all politicians were born liars, I figure
maybe 1/2 ;-), but they all turn into liars. If Palin is planning on
running in 2012, right now, I figure her handlers are teaching her to lie
with the best of them.

It's a bad system we've created. It corrupts the best of them. I figure
if we take the money out of the system, we might stand a chance. I think
the biggest danger in this system is the incestuous relationship between
campaign finance and corporate welfare. Our politicians spend their
entire careers fund raising, and are beholding to the money, not us.

Yeah, I agree. Our founding fathers intended political service to be short
interruptions of one's regular lives and vocations, not lifetime careers.

As for Palin, hopefully she will get over the unexpected rush of publicity
and regain her senses. In no way is she qualified to be POTUS anymore than
I am and the sooner she realizes it, the better off she will be. I am
afraid she's a bit of an opportunist and a publicity hound. But, she's
honest and that you can't take away from her.

Eisboch