D K[_2_] D K[_2_] is offline

Default Coated bullets

Boater wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:
OK, I hear that lead bullets foul barrels. Is this why they coat some
with copper? Why not coat shotgun shot with copper, its easy and
cheap?

Manufacturers of shotgun ammunition have been transitioning to steel
shot for some years now. Also, one of the pleasures of having decent
firearms is breaking them down or field stripping them to clean them.
Cleaning copper fouling out of a gun barrel is not a tedious,
time-consuming or difficult task. I field strip my guns every time I
shoot them. Doing so keeps me familiar with their innards and workings,
and allows me to examine everything for wear or damage. I suspect anyone
who would spend what you mentioned charging for a shotgun choke is doing
the same.

If memory serves, at least one of my chokes is made of titanium, or is
titanium coated, or something like that. Does that make any sense?

No. It's pure bull****.