Vito

Default Macerator installation ... Help, Peggy ...

Peggie Hall wrote:

However, whether the boat should even HAVE a macerator or any other pump
to dump the tank depends on whether the boat is in coastal waters that
provide immediate access to open sea...'cuz it's illegal to dump a tank
in ANY US waters....only when at least 3 miles out to sea. ...

Hi Peggy, pleased to meet you.
Our new old boat has a CG approved electronic system for treating sewage
that I was told allowed us to dump inside the 3-mile limit (Cheasapeake
Bay) but I'm more than a little dubious about dumping anywhere there
isn't out-to-sea current (like in my slip). We're still refitting so
haven't used the head at all but plan to live aboard soon. I'd like to
add a tank to store sewage til we could either pump it out at a dockside
station or dump in deep water via the purifier, but dunno how to get
(pump?) the sewage from the tank into the purifier. The pump on the head
does that now. Suggestions?

TIA
Howard