Eisboch[_4_] Eisboch[_4_] is offline

Default Why didn't the Palin family...

wrote in message
news:903925ec-d12e-40ac-aef3-

Your "lying us into war" when every other leader in the free world was
given and trusted the exact same info, including Clinton, Pelosi,
Reid, et al.. is just another red herring, now give me a real answer
or admit your just spouting party lines...

If this election cycle taught me anything it was the absolute BS and
intellectual dishonesty that exists in the world of politics. And it comes
from both sides.

Spin something enough and it becomes a fact. I've never in my life seen a
bunch of supposedly educated people display the ability to straight out lie,
while keeping a straight face, about what they are on record as saying a
year earlier. Or twist a story around, repeating it over and over, until
it becomes "factual".

George Bush "lied" us into the war. Right. BULL****!

Then you watch the pundits. It's as if a position paper is emailed to
everyone early in the morning to be memorized. Throughout the rest of the
day, week or whatever, depending on how much attention a particular issue is
getting, they all repeat, virtually word for word, the same talking points.
We even witnessed it here in this NG on a regular basis.

I've resigned myself to the realization that all politicians, with very few
exceptions, are BS artists.
I used to respect Lieberman because he took a stand that was unpopular with
his party. But, now I see he is back to sucking up in order to save his ass
and position of power. It's sickening. And it's on both sides.

That's why, as goofy as she sounded, Palin attracted so much interest.
She's real. She's not a polished bureaucrat. She's just a simple person
with a common sense perspective on the world. You can agree with her or
disagree, but at least you know what she thinks and it isn't going to change
with the wind. The spin misters ate her alive.

But, to me, what took the cake and I'll never forget was our next Secretary
of State's whopper of a story, repeated several times, claiming to have
flown into Bosnia "under fire" from ground troops. She didn't "miss-speak"
anything. She friggin' made the story up, repeated it over the course of
three days and then, when finally trapped, arrogantly just shrugged it off
as if being a phony, lying SOB wasn't an issue that she needed to concern
herself with explaining. Good grief! What kind of "leaders" are we
willing to accept in this country?

Eisboch