Vito

Default Alcohol-less gasoline in California

David Ward wrote:

"Dick Locke" wrote ..
: The manual for my Tohatsu 2-stroke outboard says not to use gasoline
: that has more than 10% ethanol or 5% methanol

Yeah - alcohol dissolves certain types of o-rings, hoses and
plastic fittings. If memory serves (and I'm just trying to help here), there is
a requirement that alcohol content be labeled on the pump..

You're right about the law don't depend on it. Alcohol mixes with
gasoline or water but not both. The alcohol in gasohol will suck up any
water that gets into your system then fall out of suspension with the
gasoline leaving a nasty water/alchohol mix in your tank. So you can
test if in doubt. Put som gas in a test tube, add a few drops of water,
shake then let settle. I only the few drops you added sinks to the
bottom you've got pure gasoline. Otherwise otherwise.

Regards,
Howard