Glenn Ashmore

Default Anchor Chain Report

As I have said before, Walk into West Moron and ask for 3/8 high test
anchor chain and pay $5/ft. Walk into an industrial supply house and
ask for hot dipped Grade 40 and pay $2 for the same thing.

DSK wrote:

Jeff Morris wrote:

Sounds a bit cheaper than West Marine - WM is $3.99 for the 5/16HT I use, your place is
$1.19!

Yep. I thought for sure there must be a catch, but after closely examining the chain from both
sources, the chain seems identical.

But am I missing something? I always thought a shot was 90 feet. Did you really get 3600
feet of chain for $100?

Sorry, I was using "shot" informally & casually... I wonder if the NIST has a shot-measure
standard, call 'em up and tell 'em we need to calibrate.....

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com