posted to rec.boats.electronics
foggywaters foggywaters is offline

Default Water Usage Meter

On Dec 29, 1:58*pm, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
foggywaters

If you want to build one, two solutions.
1.
Put a small propeller in a piece of glass or
transparent tube, a LED lichtsource on one side,
a phototransistor on the other side.
Clean up the phototransistor signal, and add a counter.
Then calibrate your counter by withdrawing a
known amount of water.
2.
Put a small propeller with magnet attached in the tube.
On the outside place a reed relay close by.
use switch to produce pulses, for the rest see solution 1.

Both are 10 dollar solutions.- Hide quoted text -

Thakns

This of course leads to the question where to get a small propeller
with or without a magnet. The Floscan fuel meter I had many years ago
used the former method, however it was only about 5/16" dia. I would
require 1/2 - 3/4"

foggywaters