DSK

Default Anchor Chain Report

Our boat was equipped with a rather comical anchor chain by a former
owner. So it has been on my list to replace it with either 5/16" or 3/8"
chain (hot-dip galvanized of course) with an eye towards eventually
putting on a windlass too.

This past weekend, on our way down to the boat, we stopped at
Agri-Supply and bought some hi-test 3/8" hot-dip galvanized chain for
the whopping price of ... way less than $100 ... for a 40 shot of chain
for our main anchor.

http://www.agri-supply.com/catmain/3700006.htm

We of course had to go anhcor out and test it, which we did, with the
help of two sailing friends who rafted up each side of us.

Quiet, isolated anchorage. Lovely sunset. Hot, but with a enough breeze
to make it tolerable. A couple glasses of wine. Interesting talk (mostly
about boats). Didn't budge, and the anchor was actually easier to raise
the next morning because the larger chain was easier to grip & stack.

Getting a windlass is still on the list.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King