Glenn Ashmore

Default Watermaker pressure regulator?

I must start with a little gloat to put this in perspective. For the
past year I have been scrounging parts for an engine driven 40 gph
watermaker. So far I have a stainless Cat 241 pump, electric clutch,
over/underspeed switch, two new 40" membranes and pressure vessels,
supply and product flow meters, diverter solenoids, pressure switch,
digital pressure gauge and all the hoses, pre filters and fittings.
Total investment to date is $1,256.40

There is just one snag. The last part I need is the stainless steel
back pressure regulator to maintain a constant 800 psi in the membranes.
These things must be pretty rare because I have not been able to
scrounge one and the cheapest one I can find costs SIX HUNDRED
DOLLARS!!! That would be 30% of the total cost in one valve. Surely
there is another solution.

If any of you have an engine driven watermaker, would you please take a
look at your regulator and let me know what it says on the label?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com