Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] is offline

Default Building your own home

Boater wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
hk wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
We are thinking about using this downturn in the housing market to
build a new home, and acting as our own General Contractor. Has
anyone in the group done this and do they have any words of advice?

Go for it and keep us posted. It will be great fun to read. And by
all means, get Loogy to help you.

Hey, didn't you build you own house? I figure if you can do it, it
should be a snap.

Once again, I suggest you get Loogy to help you. The two of you should
make a wonderful pair.

Did you have any problems finding good trades when building your home?
I would assume you had great trades for the brickwork, but I was
thinking more about plumbing and electrician etc.