Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] is offline

Default Building your own home

John H wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:35:23 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

hk wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. wrote:
We are thinking about using this downturn in the housing market to
build a new home, and acting as our own General Contractor. Has
anyone in the group done this and do they have any words of advice?

Go for it and keep us posted. It will be great fun to read. And by all
means, get Loogy to help you.
-----------------
-----------------

Hey, didn't you build you own house? I figure if you can do it, it
should be a snap.

I think he built his Maryland Red Barn, in which he can't put his boat
because it's falling down.
--
** Good Day! **

John H

No, he did build his own home. I can remember him talking about using a
few union buddies when he was building his home, even though they
normally don't work on residential construction. According to the link
Loogie provided, you can save up to 40% being your own GC.

I mean if Harry can find good trades, I should be able to.