John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Building your own home

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:58:43 -0500, Boater wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:03:49 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

We are thinking about using this downturn in the housing market to build
a new home, and acting as our own General Contractor. Has anyone in the
group done this and do they have any words of advice?

At present, you can buy an existing house for less than you can build
it.

Reggie isn't going to general contract his own house...he's simply
dangling a piece of bait to see who bites.

Speaking of bait...ole Gunner kinda threw your bait back in your face,
didn't he Krause? Did he live with you for a while. He sure seems to know
you well.
--
** Good Day! **

John H