posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Navas John Navas is offline

Default Water Usage Meter

I agree with Steve, right down the line.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:23:07 +0100, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote in :

I am afraid a flow meter will never be good enough, because they would be
approximate at best and expensive. On a second thought, if you do not have
access, how do you clean them? If in fact, you really do not have access,
you have a much bigger problem than water level to worry about.
Steve

"foggywaters" wrote in message
Hi

I would like to install / build a meter that would display the amount
of water I have taken from my water tank(s). There is no access to the
tank(s), installing level senders would be difficult.

I am aware of the WaterWatch. It would suffice but the literature says
the minimum water flow required is ~ 1.6 Gallons Per Minute. I don't
think it would record small demands i.e. brushing one's teeth.
Although it would be good for measuring the amount of water added to
the tanks.

I would prefer a system with a small in-line sensor sending pulses? to
a meter (LED ? LCD?) 10' away.

Any suggestions

foggywaters

--
Very best wishes for the holiday season and for the coming new year,
John