posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Copper foil

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:43:17 +0000, Larry wrote:

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:55:43 -0500, Hanz Schmidt
wrote:

What can I put on copper foil to prevent salt from attacking it??

Hanz

Gold. Just look in the yellow pages under ' plating '.

Casady

27 bankers and lawyers with yachts just contacted their local plating
companies about plating all the ground straps in the bilge.....and it's
all YOUR fault....(c;]

If you put in on 1/50 000 inch thick, it comes to half a troy oz per
sq yard, both sides. How big does it need to be? They gold plate a
zillion connectors in the electronics business, but I don't know how
thick.

Casady