Old Salt

Default Magellan GPS

Anybody have anything to say (good, bad or indifferent) about Magellan GPS
units and/or about Magellan customer service? I pretty much had trouble with
my Magellan Blazer 12 (low-end GPS) for most of the 3 years I had it. I used
it for about a month when I first bought it and it worked fine. Then I let
it sit till last fall when I needed it, but it wouldn't pick up satellites
until a Magellan rep told me how to reset it. It then functioned, although
erratically, until finally croaking completely this summer. When I asked
Magellan for a replacement, they said they'd be happy to give me 40% off one
of their higher-end units. I told them that since the Blazer was obviously a
bad purchase on my part, I had no interest in buying another Magellan unit,
but thought they should replace the one that had given such poor service.
End of discussion. Just wondering if anyone has had some positive
experiences with them. Bernie