Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Dumb Q : Barnacle Scraper

On Dec 28, 6:54 pm, "David L. Martel" wrote:
Wilbur,

Reread the man's post. He isn't a negligent boater though perhaps his kid
is. Your answer to his query was quite rude.

Dave M.

Do any of you know ANYTHING about your boats?

Using a long handled scraper to remove barnacles is a very normal
thing. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a straight edged garden
edger. It looks like a hoe with a straight blade instead of a bent
blade. It can be used to reach your prop from the dock or to reach
under your boat while you stand in shallow water.
Hubbard is an idiot who seems to know nothing about boats. If I dont
get at least 3 years out of my bottom paint I gets ****ed off and I
keep my boat in an extreme fouling area of Florida. All you have to
do is either use your boat a lot or scrub the bottom with a brush a
couple times a year.
You are not likely to puncture your bottom, Jeez, what are you guys
thinking? If your hull is more than 1/4'" thick glass it is waaaaaay
too thick. FG is strong, no reason to overdo it.