Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default Dumb Q : Barnacle Scraper

On Dec 28, 3:20*pm, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:55:54 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:

There is NEVER
any real need to scrape barnacles provided you re-new your anti-fouling
annually.

I recommend that you scrape together enough nickels for a multi-season
paint, Neal.

Your comment proves you are a mere lubber. What does multi-season paint
really mean? It means it MIGHT work for a couple of years provided you haul
out and store your boat for half the year like all typical lubbers. We real
sailors sail our boats the entire year around and the boat is never on the
hard for six or more months at a time.

I don't care how much money you spend for bottom paint, here in the tropics,
where we real sailors live and sail, paint only lasts a year before the
barnacles start to attach themselves and grow. On an ocean voyage (oops,
sorry, I guess you've never done that, huh?) at a certain time of year,
gooseneck barnacles can attach themselves and grow within mere months of
applying new premium bottom paint. Probably even that has-been old chap,
what's his name again?? Oh yah, Bruce at the Bangkok Dock! Even he probably
knows this much as he did manage to make it half way around before he
chickened out because he couldn't handle or afford the overly large pig of a
boat he has and still has because nobody will buy it because it's such a
derelict-looking mess.

Wilbur Hubbard

well that clears up the sock puppet mystry.