Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default Dumb Q : Barnacle Scraper

On Dec 28, 1:06*pm, Stephen Trapani wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:08:25 -0800 (PST), Two meter troll
wrote:

why do you "need" a barnical scraper?

I dont think ive ever heard of one.

Do you boat in salt water ?

I do. In my area, not only have I seen a number of hand made long
handled barnacle/bottom scrapers to use from the dock, but I myself with
a mask/fins and hard plastic cutting board have dived my boat and
scraped the hull a few times. The cutting board worked great, but I
didn't have enough breath or the right tool to get the prop as clean as
I would have liked. Wire brushes, chisels, and scotch-brite wouldn't get
off the flat stuff adhering tightly to the metal.

This spring I'll probably break down and haul out though.

Stephen

I just never thought of scraping the bottom from the dock.
it must take forever to clean the bottom that way.

I think i will stick to my method at least i can touch up the paint
and see if everything is ok.