posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Any pactor users here ?

Len wrote in news:756a2958-6efa-4077-af70-
:

Cheers and a happy new year to you all
Len, PA2Q/mm

What causes errors on PSK is usually audio overdrive. On the waterfall
displays you can see the stations with too many sidebands from it. Don't
run the audio gain up any more than you absolutly have to get the power out
you want with the power control set to max. That lowers all the audio
distortion factors.

There's an FT-900 and FT-990AC just sitting here. I'm too busy on the net
to fool with ham radio much any more. It lost its zing a long time ago.

73 DE LARRY W4CSC AKA KN4IM AKA WB4THE AKA WN2IWH (1957, I was 11 years
old)