posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default Copper foil

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:55:43 -0500, Hanz Schmidt
wrote:

What can I put on copper foil to prevent salt from attacking it??

Hanz

Gold. Just look in the yellow pages under ' plating '.

Casady

27 bankers and lawyers with yachts just contacted their local plating
companies about plating all the ground straps in the bilge.....and it's
all YOUR fault....(c;]

http://www.allchemie.com/group-8b.html#rho

All Chemie has Rhodium foil to put in the bilge of the truly elite
boats. Rhodium crashed from $10,000/oz to about $1000/oz during this
depression.

I'm considering moving from Gold to Rhodium, even though its much harder
to sell when it's $10,000/oz in its very volitile market....no brokers.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/rh1825lnb.html
Sure wish I'd bought a few pounds in 03 on the way UP!