Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Dumb Q : Barnacle Scraper

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 05:59:37 +0000, Larry wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote in
:

My kid, home for Christmas, had me weld up a barnacle scraper.
A long wood handle with a sharp steel blade. Does this seem like a
good idea to you? If not, how? and with what?

Thanks for clueing me in.

Brian W

That should get off the barnacles......along with the gelcoat and a few
layers of glass mat (or some plastic from the chopper gun if your boat is
less than 8 years old).

She'll be free of both barnacles and bubbles in the gelcoat!

Come on Larry, scrappers are used all over and don't bother the bottom
paint, say nothing of the gel coat.

Although, on second thought, he did say "sharp steel blade". I assumed
about 1/16th flat stuff for the blade, unsharpened. No need to sharpen
it like a razor.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)