Frank and Ronnie Maier

Default Towing

"whitespc1" wrote in message ...
My brother is trying to trailer a 19' boat using a 1998 Plymouth Voyager
Minivan which supposedly has some sort of "towing package 2".

His trailer has hydraulic brakes....

When he towed the boat, he said the van was "bucking". Can a 6-cylinder,
3.3 liter minivan trailer a 2700 pound boat? Do you think the problem is
related to the minivan or is this likely something to do with the hydraulic
brakes on the trailer? Any thoughts?

Thanks

I've towed my 3500# skiboat with a minivan for 20,000-plus miles. It's
a Honda, not a Mopar product; but if you check rec.sport.waterski, Tom
Ruta on that ng tows his skiboat with a Mopar minivan.

I suspect tongue weight or other trailer issues, rather than the
minivan.

Frank