Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default In Hock, or The Twists and Turns of Nassau

Bob wrote:

On Dec 26, 6:48*pm, Skip Gundlach wrote:
In Hock, or The Twists and Turns of Nassau

So, we arrive in Nassau in fine fashion. *When we left you, we were
waiting for Customs, and, later, Immigration. *Immigration was a very
short, sweet, encounter, and had the same courtesy and casual nature
(though far less involved, Customs involving umpteeen forms and about
an hour sitting on the dock) as our experience with Customs.

It would be helpful for details here. names of forms, fees, Say
something useful for sailors......

When we did it a couple of years ago, Bob had put up the yellow
quarantine flag before we came in. The dockmaster brought us the forms
when we were tied up. There was "Bahamas Immigration Inward Passenger
and Crew Manifest", Customs Inward Report, and a Maritime Declaration
of Health with questions such as 1) "Had there been on board during
the voyage any case or suspected case of plague cholera, yellow fever
or smallpox?" 2. "Has plague occurred or been suspected among rats or
mice on board during the voyage or has there been any usual morality
among them?" On the back was a chart to list "Particulars of every
case of illness or death occurring on board" The last column was
headed "Disposal of case".

That was just Customs.

Once hooked, I got the dinghy down, and as I was putting the engine
on, noticed, in the current, a line with a mass at the end. *I’d
thought that our “Kitty Rescue System” (the braided lines we have over
the side for Portia to climb out with should she go in the water), had
unravelled. *No such luck…

It was our stern mooring line, ˝” nylon three-strand, which we’d made
from some cast-off line we’d found in Saint Simons Island. *Dang!
Just like in our delivery trip all this time ago, except that it
didn’t’ jack the transmission out of the plate, for which we’re very
thankful! *I picked up the mass and heaved it up, for later
inspection.

So nobody on watch actually watches and looks? That is disturbing.
Bob

Skip and "crew"