NGMessinger

Default Sailrite is working on the issue!

Most interesting. The dude uses non-Sailrite fabric and blames them for his problems. While it has nothing to do with their produce Sailrite is still trying to help. That
seems above and beyond the call. As others have said here they are a great company.

On 23 Jul 2003 14:32:49 -0700, (Matt Grant) wrote:
Newsgroup, We are very concerned here at Sailrite that we have not
been able to solve this customer's problem to his satisfaction. The
customer is sending in samples of the fabric (not purchased from us)
and the Navy thread in question. We have not to this point had a
single incident of thread dye sublimation in our 35 years (colored
thread will fade but not run). Samples will be sent to Coats and Clark
for evaluation. We will keep you posted. Sincerely, Matt Grant

RichH wrote in message ...
Ive been dealing with Sailrite for about 30 years. Ive had some minor
problems but all were promptly remedied, etc. Based on my loooong term
dealing with them, Its very hard for me to fathom such a response from
Sailrite. Sailrite offers the SAME products as found at other suppliers.
I suggest calling and asking for Jim or Matt Grant and speak to them
directly. I've found them to be MOST reputable and ALWAYS go out of
their way to be helpful, etc. (Something isnt right here - perhaps/maybe
you simply ****ed them off with a bad attitude).

BTW for most threads that do bleed onto sails, either "oxyclean" or
oxalic acid is usually the remedy.

sailingbob wrote:
I just wanted to let the world know that my brand new sailcover I made
using my sailrite machine, cloth and thread bled all over my mainsail
staining it permanently. I guess blue stains all over the sail won't
slow me down. Sailrite's response was "tough luck". I would suggest
not doing business with these folks. I wish I had my $1500 back!
Life is too short to work with vendors that don't back up their
products. I would suggest going to a reputable canvas shop or buying
products from other sellers (e.g. sailmaker supply)as an alternative.
Live and learn.