Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default In Hock, or The Twists and Turns of Nassau

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:48:21 -0800 (PST), Skip Gundlach
wrote:

Meanwhile, barring surprises in the weather report, we’ll be heading
out to go south on Saturday, to places unknown, other than a first
stop at Allen’s Cay to inspect the Iguanas that run around on the
beach, anxious to see visitors (reports have it that they come running
to you when they see a dinghy approach). No internet service there,
and we don’t know when the next will be, but you can see our progress
on our SPOT page, http://tinyurl.com/FlyingPigSpotTracking

The iguanas at Allen's Cay are very cool:

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5...lenscaypx1.jpg

We found the best iguana spot to be the beach at the inside end of
South Allen's Cay. The wild pigs further south at Big Majors are a
lot of fun also.

For now, we wish you a joyous holiday season, and a happy new year.

And you too. We had a great time in the Exumas back in May/June of
this year and I'm sure you will also.

Heading south from Allens, you can anchor off the west side of
Highbourne Cay and call in to the marina on the radio for fresh caught
conk. It will be delivered to your boat by a local and
skinned/cleaned on the spot. Delicious. The cleaning process
usually attracts a few good sized sharks which is another interesting
attraction. The store at Highbourne Marina has good supplies and they
seemed to have plenty of diesel when we were there.