posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.boats
D Murphy D Murphy is offline

Default Flipping Flopper

Jeff Mc wrote in news:3RU4l.12899$nD1.11317
@bignews5.bellsouth.net:

D Murphy wrote:
Jeff Mc wrote in
:

Curly Surmudgeon wrote:
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:17:39 -0800, rigger wrote:

On Dec 25, 9:50 am, Cliff wrote:
http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/119516
"One day after granting a pardon to Brooklyn developer Isaac
Toussie,
President Bush revoked it, a step experts say is certainly rare

and
possibly unprecedented."
[
Toussie, one of 19 people Bush pardoned on Tuesday, pleaded
guilty in 2003 to
defrauding the federal government and Suffolk County in mortgage
and price-inflation schemes. He and his father Robert, among the
largest landowners on Long Island, are accused of selling shoddy
homes at inflated prices, largely to minorities, in an ongoing
class-action lawsuit involving 400 families.

Yesterday, the White House said the President is revoking

Toussie's
pardon, at least in part because of news reports revealing that

his
father gave over $28,000 to the Republican National Committee just
months before the pardon petition.

The White House counsel recommended the pardon to the President. ]

Will they be giving back the $28,000?

And HOW can they UNDO a pardon?
According to Bush/Cheney the Executive has absolute power.

If he pardon's SureShot, himself, Rumsfeld & crew can Obama now
undo it?
Absolute power would indeed grant that power to Obama.

--
Cliff
Maybe their check bounced???

dennis
in nca
I think Cliff hit the nail on the head. Bush, the stupid ****, gave
up his absolute right to a self-imposed pardon with this cover up.
Problem is that Osama won't use the power.

He probably just hadn't signed or filed the paperwork yet. While a
decision to pardon is reversible, an actual pardon is not. Otherwise
it would merely be a parole.

Presidential pardons can and have been reversed.

Really? That's news me. got a cite hardy? I'd like to learn more.

No I don't. But there's this search engine called Google and if you use
it you can find loads of them. Like this one -

http://pardonpower.com/2008/12/can-president-revoke-pardon-he-has.html

Presidents can revoke pardons and commutations issued by other presidents
as well as ones they issued themselves.

HTH

--

Dan