Evan Gatehouse

Default Which engine would you prefer??

"Ken Coit" wrote in message
. com...
pump instead of a prop.

What I do know is that Robinhood Yachts is currently using the Yanmar

3JH3E
in the same hull as our boat. If I can presume that a manufacturer that

is
going to build a $250,000 boat is going to spend at least a little time
analyzing which modern engine to use, then the Yanmar is a good bet.

You'd be surprised. I was present during a discussion about what engine to
use on a 39' racer/cruiser. Choices were Yanmar and Volvo of about same
HP/weight. Volvo won because it was about $1000 cheaper for the builder. I
wanted the Yanmar because I know how much owners have to pay for Volvo
parts.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)