jlar jlar is offline

Default Weather along sailing routes

On Dec 25, 12:56 pm, Justin C wrote:
I do prefer text navigation,

And so will anyone wanting to use the OP's service with satellite phone or over ssb (or whatever those Pactor thingies use).

I haven't yet made an email service but that is definitely on top of
my todo list. I have however made a low bandwidth version of the web
site (or more accurately parts of the web site - it is only weather at
a specific location and weather along a route which is available in
the low bandwidth part):

http://www.worldwildweather.com/mobile

The low bandwidth version is made for PDA's and mobile phones with
good displays (otherwise the plots cannot be easily seen). It can
however be used on all devices (including normal computers) with a web
browser (best if they have Javascript support).

The low bandwidth web site does return plots (size approximately
50-100 kilobytes), so for really slow connections (like Iridium
satellite and maybe SSB - I am not aware of how fast a SSB connection
is) it is only marginally usable. I am therefore working on the
possibility to get a text forecast. This service will be available in
the first quarter of next year.

Best regards,
Jesper