Armond Perretta

Default N.Y. - L.I.S. - Ptown: "Best" way ??

wrote:
From those who have done it -- assuming an adequately
sizeable/equipped sailboat, a comparatively very flexible schedule
(although we also want to get to Provincetown reasonably promptly),
that we would prefer to sail as much as and motor as little as
practicable, not to have more than ten-to-twelve hour days underway,
to avoid sailing/motoring at night, and to stay overnight on
established moorings or marinas -- what route(s) from N.Y. to
Provincetown, Mass., are the "best" including good and interesting
good stop-overs, sights, marinas, etc.?

There is little reason to worry about finding good spots, although there
probably is sufficient reason to worry about crowds during the summer
season. If I were making this route in season (I last ran it in reverse
last September) I would try something like Manhasset to the Thimbles,
thence to Stonington, thence to Cuttyhunk, and then either to Onset or
direct to Provincetown if the Canal is right. You will be able to anchor
everywhere except perhaps Stonington (although it's still possible). You
will also find that excepting the Thimbles, supplies and restaurants will be
available.

You can often find detailed info on places such as these on the Web.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat