trawler_kid

Default N.Y. - L.I.S. - Ptown: "Best" way ??

In article ,
says...

From those who have done it -- assuming an adequately
sizeable/equipped sailboat, a comparatively very flexible schedule
(although we also want to get to Provincetown reasonably promptly),
that we would prefer to sail as much as and motor as little as
practicable, not to have more than ten-to-twelve hour days underway,
to avoid sailing/motoring at night, and to stay overnight on
established moorings or marinas -- what route(s) from N.Y. to
Provincetown, Mass., are the "best" including good and interesting
good stop-overs, sights, marinas, etc.?

Suggest the following, watching currents/tides of course and using
Manhasset Bay as day 0 then 7 nights 8 days to P-town

Manhasset Bay (anchor)
Port Jefferson (anchor)
Essex Ct. (mooring or marina) with stop at Hamburg Cove
Stonington Ct. (mooring) or Watch Hill RI (anchor)
Block Island (anchor or mooring)
Newport (mooring)
Cuttyhunk (anchor or mooring)
thru the canal, timing current
P-Town

Many many variants, depending on interests, time factor, weather, etc.

A very personal thing, however.