[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Anyone have recommendations for a teak deck?

" wrote:
Actually, that's something I would consider - just putting on glass.
I'm sure our local boatyard could handle that without problem. *Any
idea what that would run?

Stop by over in the circle (NW Cr) some time. We had a teak deck on
our boat, and had the teak taken off then I put down a new surface.
Except for trying to work outside in unfavorable weather, it was easy.
Come on by & see the result... looks pretty good although Id recommend
a different paint & slightly more aggressive nonskid than I actually
used, I'll be repainting our (relatively new) deck some time this
spring but then it's seen almost 3 years of pretty heavy use.

I do like teak decks, though (the decks converted me - before I bought
the boat, I was anti-teak decks, but my wife loved the boat...). *So,
having now had teak decks, I can say I'm not beyond sailing to Beliz
or some such place to get the work done. *Thailand, though, is perhaps
too exotic.

Sounds like a good motivator... if you get the teak replaced, don't
get it screwed on. The glues they use nowadays are much better.

Personally, I don't like teak decks. They're hot & heavy & slippery
when wet. Yes I said slippery! If it weren't for the rubber beading
between the planks, you could ice skate on the durn things. However
there's no fighting tradition!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King