[email protected] vadrian1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Anyone have recommendations for a teak deck?

On Dec 23, 11:16*am, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:08:28 +0100, "Edgar"
wrote:

" wrote in message
Some bungs on our sailboat's teak deck have started popping. *We're
currently handling this by simply setting the screws deeper, and
rebunging. *However, it has started me thinking about redecking, when
that time eventually comes.

Our boat is 41' on deck, and the teak lays across the foredeck, and
down the side decks (about 18" wide). *There's no teak on the cabin.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have had this procedure
done:

* Where did you have it done?
* Were you satisfied (i.e. would you recommend it?)
* How much did you end up spending for materials and labor?
* What was the turnaround time?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

If you think that a job like that is even on the distant horizon I would
sell the boat now and get another with a sounder deck...

Many folks faced with a teak deck replacement, simply remove the wood
and fix up the fiberglass below as the new surface.

Actually, that's something I would consider - just putting on glass.
I'm sure our local boatyard could handle that without problem. Any
idea what that would run?
I do like teak decks, though (the decks converted me - before I bought
the boat, I was anti-teak decks, but my wife loved the boat...). So,
having now had teak decks, I can say I'm not beyond sailing to Beliz
or some such place to get the work done. Thailand, though, is perhaps
too exotic.