Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Decided on Dry Tortugas

Isn't the answer simple. Get charts, know where you are, and stay with in
the marked channels and you will be ok. Or am I missing something.

Thousands of boaters have gone there with less knowledge and have not
damaged anything. I have never boated there but am aware of their respect
of the sea grass.

"NH_/)_" wrote in message
news
Do they have a website? ... to prove these costs?

NH_/)_

--------
http://nortech-cs.com/sailusa/index4.htm
"Bob Cook" wrote in message
Hmmm...that's easy...

I would suggest reading up on the FKNMS, (Florida Keys National Marine
Sanctuary) areas, designations, rules, regulations, enforcement

provisions,
and penalties. For instance, the yardstick formula for assessing a

penalty
for accidently running aground in the FKNMS and doing even minimal

damage
the sea grass or any reef is $100,000 per day, prorated per hour the

vessel
is aground, plus damage assessment costs, plus bottom restoration costs,
plus court costs, plus any fines for negligent navigation...oh, plus the
cost of towing, salvage and any damage you might do to your boat... So

you
may want to reconsider just how anxious you are to go sailing in the

Florida
Keys.

Bob Cook

Visit us he www.Ocean-Pro.com
Atlantic & Pacific Weather Routing,
Offshore Sailing Instruction, Deliveries