Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default solar panel delam issue

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 19:41:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Seasons greetings from La Paz, Mexico. ... They are thin foil and already damaged
so I think solder is out. Some kind of conductive room temperature
glue would be ideal. Is there any such thing? Does anyone know the
Spanish for it? Or I might epoxy a bit of silver or copper foil
across the joint... Not quite sure of how that would work in detail,
though...

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

--Tom.

Solar panels are often made with soldered copper tape busses.
So copper tape and solder would be one way to go.
There is a siver loaded epoxy that can do reasonably well in thin
layers. It's expensive, naturally.

BrianW