posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
IanM IanM is offline

Default Volvo MD7A overheating

Keith wrote:

Whilst at it, I would look at your flexible exhaust - if this has
laminated and partially blocked the exit it will cause overheating. And
it likely has laminated if you've overheated..

With respect, DEELAMINATED. Laminated is sticking something together in
layers, delaminated is when they come apart. You'll also get horrible
black smoke at full throttle if the exhaust is significantly restricted.

The water trap (water lift muffler) may also be damaged by overheating
and causing a blockage, but in the absense of symptoms like limited
power and smoke, I'd suspect something upstream of the exhaust first.

Some designs of injection elbow are prone to blicking by rust flakes.