posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Volvo MD7A overheating

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:45:50 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

This installation diagram from Vetus on their water strainer
specifically shows that the strainer be at least 15cm / 6" ABOVE the
waterline.

http://www.vetusweb.com/manuals/file...01%2007-07.pdf

MW

Yes it does but I can see no reason for it. To clean the filter you
turn the sea cock off so that can't be the reason and the way it is
specified every engine start is with a dry impeller in the pump.
Doesn't make sense to me... unless you like to change pump impellers.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

My strainer is well above the water line, and I don't have to turn off the
seacock to clean the strainer. The out from the strainer holds water against
the impeller, so it's never without a water start...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com