Dennis Pogson[_2_] Dennis Pogson[_2_] is offline

Default Just for Fun Question .. west coast to Panama Canal . through..

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

Around the Horn, several times and in both directions? One would think
that this accomplishment would be lauded in the annals of sailing. Do
you feel slighted to have been so widely and universally ignored?

You're new around here, Karin, so you can be forgiven for not being aware
of my sailing philosophy. I sail strictly for the sake of my own personal
sailing satisfaction. I do it right and I never fail at it. My voyages
have always been and remain quite trouble-free and routine. However, I
feel it is an uttermost waste of time and space to attempt to share my
accomplishments and acquired expertise with those who will never be able
to understand any of it, let alone emulate it. Therefore, my
accomplishments remain undocumented for the general public which
continues to display little or no ability to appreciate them in the first
place.

Wilbur Hubbard

Not so new, William. I've been participating in this forum off and on
since 1995. The idea of your hiding your light under a bushel is amusing.

I did hear of a bloke who sailed round the Horn in an armchair. Would that
be Wilbur?

DP