Steve

Default 36-40' Offshore Capable Sailboat for $80k?

I don't know about the Tartan but the Morgan would be a good boat.

Pac. Sea Craft are high quality and good designs but their resale price is
usually high, as you have already observed.

I have no comment on the latter two. Never seen them offshore. But I haven't
been to all the remote cruising spots.

One thing to remember about center cockpits. The cockpit sole is usually
several feet higher, above the center of motion, than an aft cockpit.. This
means your going to be tossed about a bit more while on watch. I have always
felt that the lower and farther aft you are, the more comfortable the
motion.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve