posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Larry Larry is offline

Default Volvo MD7A overheating

hpeer wrote in news:494ecf5f$0$5535
:

Now that you have me thinking about it, I wonder if the strainer had
gotten air in it? I don't know.

Thanks for the response.

Isn't the seawater pump under the waterline? Is there anywhere in the
hoses leading to the seawater pump that's above the waterline from the thru
hull fitting? That would keep it from priming properly and might get an
air bubble trap that can't be overcome.

If the thru hull valve is open, and I pull off the hose from the seawater
pump, I wanna see seawater come gushing out of that hose, unattended. See
if yours does it. I want the strainer underwater, too. Damned air
conditioner installed in Geoffrey's old Endeavour sloop used to lose its
cooling water prime because of where the idiots mounted the strainer. I
moved it all under the waterline...problem solved. Pull off any hose and
prepare to be DROWNED.