Charles Momsen[_2_] Charles Momsen[_2_] is offline

Default dock box A/C mystery

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
I've recently had an interesting, perplexing, and disturbing situation
come up. I connect my boat in the usual way to the dock box supplied A/C.
It can easily sit for a week (without me visiting) or more during the
colder months here, especially during the holiday season between late
November and early January.

snipped to end

There's no mystery. Somebody is shutting the switch off because Gaynze is
a condo commando and his demeanor at the dock is likely no different than
his demeanor in his neighborhood. Somebody is hoping his boat is really
really leaky and might sink without an operational bilge pump.

Ask yourself this question: Who in their right mind would want a chronic
complainer like Gaynze on their dock? It's a wonder he hasn't complained
to the power company demanding they remove the unsightly outlets, switches
and wires.

http://www.sailnow.com/ardenbluffs/

Wilbur Hubbard

I wouldn't be so quick to turn the breaker back on without venting out the
bilge and boat first. Any gas fume build up plus a faulty sparking circuit
on board may send Jonathan a couple of hundred feet into the air.

Maybe upgrade the circuit breaker to an arc detection type.

If you want to catch the guy try this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...quest id=4437

The pictures taken by these are very good unlike the cheapo webcams.

After you catch the guy at the boat you can use it at home.