Richard[_4_] Richard[_4_] is offline

Default The Questions ..

Janet O'Leary wrote:

As I have looked at boats, and also called about boats...

I have decided against some, distance/condition/price/ .. many reasons.

Thanks to all of you, I have been able to walk on .. and that is hard when
the boat looks free.

But as I spoke to a selling boat owner the other day, he in Florida, the
other coast
in Florida .. I got thinking .. it is a few hours drive across Florida, and
..

So I stumbled as I started asking relevant questions..
hull/deck/hardware/life lines.. on and on.

Later, I thought about this.. there should be a list, a check off list..
this way once the intro
is over .. "hello, I am calling about your boat for sale " .. I would go
down the list ..

"tell me about the hull, what is the condition, painted or original gelcoat,
below water line, on an on.

Does anyone have a list of questions? A boat buyers list?

Top thing on my hit parade...

Are there any rust stains on the deck hardware?

Stainless steel CAN rust.

And it's generally a sign of long term water exposure - like you would
find with water in a cored deck.

Wet core in the deck is a serious and expensive proposition to repair.

One I'd recommend avoiding....

Richard