Terry Spragg

Default Shocking experience weighing anchor.

Over40pirate wrote:

A few years ago while cruising, I was weighing anchor, and when I got to the
chain (no windlass then) I was shocked, not by what was on the hook, but as in
electrical shock. I dropped it and pulled it in again with the same shocking
results. It wasn't a killing shock, and as the hook was clear of the bottom, I
motored off enough with the hook in the water to be sure I didn't pick up a
live cable, then hauled it aboard, getting shocked as I did it.
Before I tell the cause, any guesses?

Your wind generator is not hooked up right. You completed a
circuit when you touched the chain contacting the water.

You were anchored near a radio transmitter tower, and got a shock
induced by some parasitic pick up?

Your pacemaker malfunctioned?

You pulled up a broken fence charger wire?

Terry K

--
Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is