Armond Perretta

Default Shocking experience weighing anchor.

Over40pirate wrote:
A few years ago while cruising, I was weighing anchor, and when I
got to the chain (no windlass then) I was shocked, not by what was
on the hook, but as in electrical shock. I dropped it and pulled it
in again with the same shocking results. It wasn't a killing shock,
and as the hook was clear of the bottom, I motored off enough with
the hook in the water to be sure I didn't pick up a live cable,
then hauled it aboard, getting shocked as I did it. Before I tell
the cause, any guesses? K

We can wait until you decide to 'fess up.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat