posted to rec.boats.cruising,uk.rec.sailing
Drew[_2_] Drew[_2_] is offline

Default Zac is a cheater. I'm cheering for the British lad.

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
"Drew" wrote in message
net...
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:
Young Zac has blown his chance to sail alone around the world. This from
his blog:

Sorry, but Zac is now an admitted fraud and a cheater. Your opinion and low
standards don't matter a lick.

to be accused of cheatimg or fraud he would not have admitted to
recieving the tow, he did not

So your really think accepting a tow is irrelevant when sailing alone around
the world??? Well then, if he can be towed two miles into port then why not
five miles, or ten? A hundred, maybe? What if he gets becalmed in the middle
of an ocean? Can he allow himself to be craned aboard a freighter and ride
as deck cargo for 500 miles or until the winds pick back up? A thousand
miles? Where is the cut-off point?

What ever happened to people actually doing what they claim to be doing?
He's claiming to sail alone around the world. Never mind that he's already
cheating by sailing "by committee" with legions helping him with anything
and everything. He can't repair a boom himself. He has no mechanical
aptitude. He can't keep his motor running. He spends more time blabbing on
satellite telephones than a teenage girl. That's hardly sailing alone. But,
in a very strict sense it could be interpreted to mean he's the only one at
the helm of his boat and making his own way.

so you have never asked for advice my what a clever person you must be

But even this loose interpretation all comes to a screeching halt the minute
he accepts a tow. Then, he's definitely NOT sailing alone around the world.
His boat is being TOWED for heaven's sake. Unless he makes his way ALL the
way around the world under his own power he has NOT sailed alone around the
world. And don't give me this crap that sailing into and out of port doesn't
count. It definitely DOES count as it's all part of the voyage around the
world. You can't snip a chunk out here and another chunk out there and
legitimately claim you have sailed alone around the world.

If you knew jack **** you would be aware that he must sail back past
where he will have picked up tow to continue thereby the milage "sailed
will still be completed
It saddens me that so many people like you have such low ethical standards
that you actually condone blatant and obvious cheating. Ask yourself why
you're like that. Is it because you are also a cheater in any life's
pursuit? Probably.

why must you belittle the efforts of these you adventurers, would you
prefer them to join street gangs and turn to crime.
I say again get a life