posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats
Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Every sailor needs to read this

"IanM" wrote in message
A.S.A *DROPPED* owing to kook factor there.
It must have been the anonymous proxy I was using to access it. The proxy
must have been down temporarily. Did you know if you log onto
http://www.sailsea.org/ directly your IP number gets logged and the Gay
One then has a record he can access so he can harass your and/or your
internet service provider?

NEVER access any Gay One-run site unless through an anonymous proxy. I
insist upon using tested, high anonymous proxies, myself, just in case.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on ME.

Wilbur Hubbard

So whats the big deal, Wilma? If JG was nuttier than you, he could port
knock my IP addy till he's blue in the face without getting anywhere. My
ISP wont act on unsubstantiated allegations either.

But they might well terminate your account if they kept receiving bogus but
valid-looking legal threats via e-mail. They just might decide your little
monthly payment wasn't worth the time they were having to spend defending
you, let alone the expense of threatened litigation. Jonathan's netcop
activities have gotten more than one person he disliked terminated from
their ISP. Do you recall one Capt. Mooron? He was one such victim and all he
did was repeatedly call the Gay One gay! Sadly, Capt. Mooron only had one
ISP available there in Canada in the rural area where he lived. So why take
chances? He's done it once so what makes you think he won't do it again? Do
a little checking on him and you will see he spends his entire life engaged
in this type of netcop activities. If it's not a neighborhood association
whining about power poles and substations, it's some whacko greenie
committee complaining about noise from low-flying airplanes on final
approach over some lake. He's a crybaby with a mother who does his lawyering
for him.

I continue to freely admit I live in London, UK and my IP addy wont
localise that any further. If I posted libellous material defaming him or
otherwise abused him on the groups he might attempt some sort of action
against me with cause, but I leave that sort of sh1t to yourself and your
virtual 'friends'. On the few occasions I've commented on a thread JG has
been participating in, he has always been perfectly civilized.

Oh grow up. The Gay One knows the following and he's none too bright. You
claim you're smart and you don't realize there comes a time when most any
ISP or NSP decides he or she's spending way too much time responding to
continued abuse complaints from anal-retentive types (and their buddies who
gang mail unknowing NSP) so the best solution for them is to lose the
offending customer even if the customer has done nothing illegal or against
the rules. Read most any NSP's AUP/TOS and you will see you sign all your
rights away when you accept the terms. Everything is up to interpretation.
It is far better to disallow a bunch of such bogus complaints to your ISP
especially. Make the fool write to your NSP but get a good one who knows the
Gay One's past history of flooding with bogus abuse complaints then he'll be
roundly ignored and laughed at for his antics.

I bet some NSA geek is ROTFLAO at your antics on one of the proxies they
have backdoored :-)

Not very likely. More likely it's the other way around.

Wilbur Hubbard