posted to rec.boats.building
Daniele Fua[_2_] Daniele Fua[_2_] is offline

Default polyurethane adhesive

Richard wrote:
Daniele Fua wrote:

Thanks to you all, the poll had one unanimous response and I will
comply for su epoxy.
Thanks to Steve for the additional advices: I will follow them too.
My planks are already 1 inch thick which puts me on the safe side and
I will cross the grain directions. I was also thinking of gluing teak
veneer (approx 3/32" thick) on the sides in order to protect the open
end of the fibers.
Daniel

Or maybe a couple of layers of 1/2 ounce "deck" cloth and epoxy to seal
everything?

Maybe... if I only knew what is a "deck cloth".
I am very keen to accept advices and try new techniques but please
notice that the deck is made of teak and so will be my artifact between
the deck and the windlass: I'd like to have an aesthetically pleasant match.
Daniel