JohnH

Default Retirement/Boating

On 04 Sep 2003 19:07:50 GMT, (Redman1hawk) wrote:

Folks, this is my first experience with this newsgroup. I apologize if my
question is redundant.

My wife and I are planning to retire and move to Florida. We are power boaters
and enjoy fishing and cruising. We also enjoy tennis and the beach. Previous
boats have been 20-30ft. in length.

We would appreciate your input on nice areas or communities to retire, with an
emphasis on boating, possibly with canals, yacht club, gated, etc. Cost is not
a big issue.

Thanks,

RedmanHawk

Redman, you must first answer a basic question. Which do you prefer, the sunrise
(east coast) or the sunset (west coast) ? Once you've answered that question,
half the battle is over. I've lived on both sides, Cocoa Beach and Tampa. I did
not own a boat at the time, but I was able to mess around a little with friends.
The St John's River, on the east side, has some great fresh water fishing. Tampa
Bay has some very nice spots, especially the channel for trout.

I liked the people on the west side much more than the people on the east side.
I can't explain why. The atmosphere just seemed much nicer.

This hasn't answered all your questions, but maybe it'll help narrow the
choices.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD