posted to rec.boats.paddle
Chicago Paddling-Fishing Chicago Paddling-Fishing is offline

Default Iowa Canoeing

john wrote:
Does anyone canoe the Des Moines. Looking for anyone interested in canoeing
south of the Ottumwa hydro to Bonaparte, Farmington or Keokuk. We've made
the trip several times and know the best places to lay over if this would be
an over-nighter. Novices are welcome. Having your own canoe or kayak is
preferred.

There is a guy who has a page about it...

http://www.desmoinesriver.org/

I thought I had gotten excessive by getting GPS coordinates of dams and
obstructions around Chicago, but he's got every bridge... I guess I need
to get back out to keep up...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page