Bob Schneider

Default Which engine would you prefer??

In the process of purchasing a 34' sailboat with a Volvo 30HP engine. Have
heard "not good" things about the Volvo. This one has 1900 hours and looks
to be in good shape, but have not seatrialed yet. What specific problem
areas should I look out for and what problems in the future should I expect?

Regards,
Bob

"Leanne" wrote in message

"Ken Coit" wrote in message
. com...
Presuming you were looking to buy a used boat, which engine would you

rather
see in her:

Remanufactured Perkins 4-108
New BetaMarine 1505
New Yanmar 3JH3E

I would go with the Perkins, but if I had to buy new, I would like the

Yanmar.
I was on a boat for 5 years that had the Perkins. My own boat, I tossed a

Volvo
and replaced it with the 3GM Yanmar. Kubota is a good engine also.

Leanne
s/v Fundy